Thursday, December 11, 2008

Man gets life for sex abuse charges

The feelings of Vincent Bernard Jones’ victims were attached by a paperclip.

They had plenty to say on paper. Jones, sentenced Wednesday to four concurrent life sentences for sex-related charges, didn’t.

“You’re a nasty, sick pervert and much more,” said one 17-year-old victim. “There is no words really to explain what you are ever since you touched me with your filthy hands ... and when you die in prison, I hope you rot in hell.”

Jones, 44, was convicted Oct. 29 of first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, first-degree sexual abuse and incest. Jurors in the one-day trial decided that Jones inappropriately touched a relative in the summer of 2007. The acts occurred in several places across Russell County but more than once at a Sandfort Road home.

“You kept promising me you would leave me alone, but you didn’t,” said another 17-year-old girl, a relative of Jones’. “You hurt me physically and emotionally. Don’t nobody know how I feel unless they have been through what I’ve been through.”

No comments: